Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4: Chicken Enchiladas

This is one of my favorites that I make. I have made this in each of the last 3 months and we always finish off the dish. Here is the recipe:

1 can (10 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup low fat sour cream
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/2 onion, chopped
12 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided

Combine soup, milk and sour cream in a large bowl; stir until well mixed. Stir in chicken, green chilies and onion. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spoon 1/3 chicken mixture over bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over top. Spread out 6 tortillas over cheese. Repeat layers and top with remaining chicken mixture. Bake for 25 minutes until bubbly. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melted.

Love this!!!

Tomorrow I will also be posting something else along with my recipe for the day. My friend Amy told me about this thing where you write a letter to 30 different people/things over the course of a month. She posted the list on her blog, and I will be starting that tomorrow, on the first. I'll see you back here tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment